Things to do on a Sunday: Preparing for Short Term Guests
Whether you're multi-using your home in the vein of Air Bnb et al., or you're simply expecting a few guests staying short term, a Sunday is the perfect day to just get things done. If you have people staying with you often, then your preparation will, for the most part, be fairly minimal, but if you're the sort of person who leaves everything to the last minute, only to discover your family are on their way over and planning to stay for a few days, then this is for you!
Whether you’re multi-using your home in the vein of Air Bnb et al., or you’re simply expecting a few guests staying short term, a Sunday is the perfect day to just get things done. If you have people staying with you often, then your preparation will, for the most part, be fairly minimal, but if you’re the sort of person who leaves everything to the last minute, only to discover your family are on their way over and planning to stay for a few days, then this is for you!
Preparing for short term guests
If you have a spare bedroom that you predominantly use for guests when they come to stay, great, we’re off to a good start! If not though, don’t fear, we’ve got you covered with advice too.
For many of us, having people calling over to stay when we’re unprepared is a bit of a nightmare, we’re full of apologies for the state of the house, and more often than not have forgotten to freshly wash the clean sheets and make up the beds before they arrive. It’s a nightmare!
No worries, though. Today we’ll be talking you through a check-list of things to do for an hour or so on a Sunday to ensure that you’re prepared for your guests before they arrive.
Things to do if you have a spare bedroom
- Pull out the guest sheets every few weeks to give them a quick wash to ensure freshness for when you have guests. Air them dry and then pop onto the bed, making it up as you go so that’s one less task to take care of when your guests reach your home.
- Give the spare room a quick hoover and dust, and make sure the light bulb works okay if it’s not a room you use very often. If there’s a lamp, check that, too!
- Ensure there’s space for your guests to put their things so they feel at home while staying with you! Feeling like you’re living out of a bag isn’t always the most welcome feeling.
- Add a bit of greenery to the room (or water your plants if you already have some) for a bit of brightness, colour and some extra homely feeling.
Things to do if you don’t have a spare room
- check the air mattress (if that’s what you’re using) for any holes, pump it up to make sure and then put it somewhere safe once it’s deflated to ensure it stays in great condition for when your guests arrive
- as above, wash and air out the sheets before putting them on your duvet and pillows, ready for your guests. Designate a space for your guests’ stuff to be placed when they arrive. If you have people staying over often, it might be worthwhile to stash a small cupboard somewhere convenient for their clothes and toiletries.
- Give the space a quick hoover and clean, and you’re done!
Now you’re all prepared, all you need to do is wash the dishes, hoover around your floors and put the kettle on ready to make a cup of tea when they get there. Ah, preparation, doesn’t it feel good?
Real estate, redefined
For the new home of your dreams, with as little fuss as possible, then we can help you! Domobase connects you with the finest Real Estate Agents and Landlords in your area to offer you a curated selection of great quality properties. All you need to do is download the app and fill in a few simple details, or link up your social media profile. After that, up to three industry professionals will get in touch with you within a few days, and then the ball is rolling!