Real Estate: Online vs Offline
With the massive move towards online services of late, it's no surprise that Real Estate is going the same way. But are there any differences between the experience you receive online, compared to that which you receive offline?
With the massive move towards online services of late, it’s no surprise that Real Estate is going the same way. But are there any differences between the experience you receive online, compared to that which you receive offline?
Of course, there will be differences between the experiences you receive on and offline; and which you choose depends entirely on your preference. We recommend going for a blend of the two to get the very best experience – the support you get from working with others offline, and the independence and freedom of choice that you can only find doing the majority of the work yourself and completing most of the transaction online.
Online Real Estate: What is it?
Real Estate online isn’t quite the same as offline, but the principle is the same. Online Real Estate comes in the form of “online Real Estate Agents”, multiple listing sites (for example, Homelight, or Zoopla), and the websites of Real Estate Agents, among others.
For the most part, online Real Estate gives you a very hands-off experience. Although you can receive a modicum of support from online Real Estate Agents, for the most part things will be left down to you to deal with. Whether this suits you or not depends on how capable you are, whether you want to deal with everything yourself, and how much control you like to have over proceedings.
Who is Online Real Estate good for?
Online Real Estate is good for:
- those who like to be in control of situations
- those who are comfortable dealing with viewings, organising valuations, taking photographs and everything else that goes along with selling a house, or buying, by themselves
- those with limited funds that need to buy or sell relatively quickly
- those who don’t find they need a lot of support
Offline, or traditional Real Estate
Offline, or traditional Real Estate is the process that most people think of as “Real Estate”. Hiring a traditional Real Estate Agent, and having them take care of the majority of the process for you. Although this tends to be more expensive, it also offers you a more comprehensive level of support than the online version does. The traditional Real Estate process is best for:
- people with a higher disposable income, as traditional Real Estate does cost more than online Real Estate does
- those who feel they need a bit more support through the process, as you won’t find better support than that from your Real Estate Agent
- those who don’t want to take care of everything themselves
- anyone who wants to take advantage of the expertise, knowledge and overall ability of a traditional Real Estate agent for a simpler, less stressful experience when buying or selling a property
Real estate, redefined
For the definitive Real Estate experience both online, and offline, check out Domobase. We connect you with the finest Real Estate Agents and Landlords through our app! Simply fill in your details on the app, or link your social media profile and we’ll have someone get in touch as soon as possible. Start your experience online, and complete it off!