Find a Home in Shanghai
Shangai, located on the central coast of China is the world's largest city, with a population of more than fourteen million people. With its futuristic skyline, endlessly interesting buildings and rich history and culture, it's no surprise that more than fourteen million people have chosen to make it their home. If you're thinking of joining them and making beautiful Shanghai your new home, then just keep on reading for some tips.
Shangai, located on the central coast of China is the world’s largest city, with a population of more than twenty five million people. With its futuristic skyline, endlessly interesting buildings and rich history and culture, it’s no surprise that more than fourteen million people have chosen to make it their home. If you’re thinking of joining them and making beautiful Shanghai your new home, then just keep on reading for some tips.
Shanghai is the world’s biggest city, with a huge population rivalled by none, but what is it that makes Shanghai such an appealing city to live in, and how can you get involved?
Shanghai has something for everyone to enjoy; the city is steeped in culture, has a rich history and there’s very little you can’t learn just from being present. Alongside this, the city is a global financial centre, and the world’s busiest container port. The city has huge shipping, administrative and shopping activity, making it a great area for people to find jobs, and thus, live in the city.
Tips for finding a home in Shanghai
Shanghai as a city may be huge, but the population is also immense, so finding a good property that you’ll enjoy living in is bound to be something of a challenge. With that being said, it’s not impossible for you to find a home in Shanghai that you’ll love.
Just like with any other city, we recommend doing your homework before you look to move. This means knowing the area you want to live in specifically, the type of property you aim for (apartments are generally the most popular amongst single, young professionals but there are other types available), and whether you’re willing to compromise on any of the things you would like in your home.
Beyond that, here are a few tips:
- be on the ball! Timing is everything, if you’re not ready in time, you run the risk of losing out on the property to someone else.
- don’t start your search too early. It’s unlikely a property will be reserved for you, so begin your search two or three weeks before you’ll be ready to move.
- agents are invaluable, especially if you’re not too familiar with the area. Hiring a Real Estate Agent certainly isn’t an unnecessary expense when it comes to property searching in Shanghai.
- make sure you communicate exactly what you’re looking for with your agent; ensuring that you’re on the same page from the get go will save you a headache later on.
- spend some time in the city before you start looking for properties. That way, you’ll know if you definitely want to move there, and you’ll have some invaluable experience before you make the move.
Real estate, redefined
Are you looking to move to a new home? Perhaps the home of your dreams? If so, we at Domobase can help! We connect you with the best Real Estate Agents and Landlords in the area you’d like to live; up to three in total to help you see the best properties on offer. What do you need to do? Very little! Simply download our app, and link up your social media profile or input your details and answer a few simple questions; after that, someone will give you a call.