Sunday Tasks: Fix up the Garden!
Over summer we spend more time in our gardens than ever, relishing the sunshine and our beautiful surroundings as we soak up the sun and indulge in the fun - but that's no good if your garden doesn't look the part! We all neglect our gardens a little bit over the colder months, but the good news is this is an easy fix! Today we're talking about doing your garden up, just in time to enjoy the warm summer months from the comfort of your deck chairs.
Over summer we spend more time in our gardens than ever, relishing the sunshine and our beautiful surroundings as we soak up the sun and indulge in the fun – but that’s no good if your garden doesn’t look the part! We all neglect our gardens a little bit over the colder months, but the good news is this is an easy fix! Today we’re talking about doing your garden up, just in time to enjoy the warm summer months from the comfort of your deck chairs.
Doing Your Garden up for Summer
With a couple of quick DIY fixes, you can have your garden looking amazing again in just a few weekends. Here are some fantastic things you can do to get your garden looking fab – also great if you’re planning to sell your home!
- An easy one here, cut your grass! Mow the lawn, deadhead your flowers and trim those bushes back a little to keep things looking neat.
- Paint your fence and take care of any quick repairs needed. It’s amazing how much a fresh coat of paint can brighten things up!
- Get planting! Flowers, vegetables or your very own herb garden. A little greenery never hurt anybody, and growing your own gardens is a fantastic activity to do as a family, or to get a little bit of alone time on occasion.
- Spruce up your garden furniture. Whether you need to make some repairs or give it a paint job, your garden furniture is going to see a lot of use over the next few months so why not have it looking (and working) it’s best? You can find perfect paint at all good DIY stores.
- Invest in some lighting for those warm summer evenings. You can find appropriate solar powered lights in plenty of stores, and they’re a great way to get some extra lighting in your garden without spending a fortune on either the lights themselves, or your electric bill. You can also invest in some insect repellent candles to enjoy the summer without the bug bites!
That’s about all there is to it! Of course if your garden is in a serious state of disrepair then getting the professionals in is always a good idea but if you can’t afford that, or just need a few simple things taken care of then our DIY tips are more than ample for your needs.
Real Estate, redefined
If your summer project this year is finding a brand new home for yourself and your family to live in, then we here at Domobase can help! We help you bypass endless listings (that you usually can’t get away from!) by putting you directly in touch with first rate Real Estate Agents and Landlords to help you find an amazing property in half the time.
All you need to do is download our app, link up your social media profile and let us know some details about you and about what you’re looking for. Once we have this, we’ll match you up with the right people and have up to three industry professionals get in touch within a few days with some beautiful properties to show you. Simple!